India; Another Universe Part 3

The day after our wonderful evening spent with the majestic Taj Mahal we headed to a few places around Agra, first being the Agra fort and then onto some of the previous kings palaces.

The artistry put into these monuments was breath taking, the time it took to hand carve all the red stone, the time it took to place all the jewels in the marble, unbelievable. Months on months, years on years. The picture of the men working in a line below are just a small bunch of workers carving flowers from jewels to glue into marble .. One flower the size of a 5 cent piece takes hours to carve out as its done petal by petal…

This week I thought I’d mainly let the pictures do the talking, I wish I could share more with you, it’s so hard selecting which ones to show, there is just so many I love!

Meanwhile, the faces I can see in picture numero 2, scare the bejeebus out of me! But, the details in the wall is amazing.

The last picture is of a typical Indian MILKMAN! A motorbike has NO limits.

Tell me, which is your favourite picture? What stories have you conjured up?

~ Linking in for Tuesdays IBOT with the lovely Jess. Spread some reading / comment joy around. ~

December 18, 2012 - 7:08 am

iSophie - The cow picture. Wow, look at that, sitting in amongst that filth. Thanks for sharing, I love looking at people’s travel photos, they tell a different ‘real’ story then all of the fancy travel destination photos.

December 18, 2012 - 8:18 am

Rachel from Redcliffe Style - I would love to go to India. You photos are amazing! That milkman!!! Rachel xx

December 18, 2012 - 8:20 am

EssentiallyJess - I love that third one; the carvings (?) show such intricate detail! Imagine making something like that!
They live so differently to us don’t they?

December 18, 2012 - 9:04 am

Mandie - Wow, it all looks amazing – you’re giving me the travel bug!!

December 18, 2012 - 9:53 am

Aroha @ Colours of Sunset - I don’t know if I can pick a favourite, but what blows my mind is that a place that has so much poverty can also have such beauty. I’d love to know what some of those palace walls have seen and heard.

December 18, 2012 - 11:09 am

Cider In The Sun - Its so diverse Sophie, between the beautiful building and the slums.
The cows were everywhere, because they are sacred.. every.where.

December 18, 2012 - 11:09 am

Cider In The Sun - Thank you Rachel.. The milkman is def one of my faves!

December 18, 2012 - 11:11 am

Cider In The Sun - Yes, the work in all the building we saw was mind blowing, that there is actual jewels hand crafted and glued into stone… there was walls and walls of it.. and think, just one flower takes hours.. the mind cant even comprehend how long the whole thing would take…

December 18, 2012 - 11:12 am

Cider In The Sun - ha ha, hope thats a good thing Mandie! I’m a travel addict! x

December 18, 2012 - 11:13 am

Cider In The Sun - Yes Aroha, it has it all, and its extreme! Ive heard some stories about what the walls have seen.. a man having different wives in each quarter .. etc etc

December 18, 2012 - 11:24 am

Alicia - The detail in the buildings are amazing, beautiful and grand, they would be my favourite photos. I cannot believe the cow, looks so out of place, I just want to find it a lush green paddick.

December 18, 2012 - 2:27 pm

Kyla @ TQF - Gorgeous shots, like Aroha I love the juxtaposition of poverty and beauty and can’t pick a favourite.

December 18, 2012 - 8:18 pm

Rina - THANK YOU!! I have been missing India for quite awhile now…Had stayed there for 2 years in Delhi and been in places like Agra, Udaipur, Bangalore, Gurgaon..magical experience!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *